From a brief inspection, Mark provided a new kitchen design and layout that was better than anything we could have asked for. It made the best use of the space taking a small, dated kitchenette to a large, modern and open plan living concept. As it was in a small unit complex, we were budget conscious but Mark happily advised us on how to achieve the desired look within budget.
– S & E Baker, Cintra Road, Bowen Hills
The project scope
McAtamney Cabinets were engaged to renovate the en-suite, main bathroom, laundry and of course kitchen. As it was a modest unit in an older complex, the client wanted to refresh their living spaces but on a budget.
- Caesarstone in linen for the bench tops throughout
- White gloss and latte laminate on all the cupboards
- Silver long handles for a streamline yet modern look
- Created ample storage where there was absolutely none before
- Down lights in the kitchen cabinetry
- Built a beautiful camphor laurel 10 seater dining table with an epoxy-resin finish for a super high gloss finish; the table has an aluminium frame on casters allowing the client to move the table around as they see fit
- We also managed the tiling throughout, plumbing and electrical work for the client
These simple yet clean and modern materials ensured the project stayed in budget while completely transforming the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry areas.
Another successful Brisbane kitchen and bathroom renovation project. McAtamney Cabinets was later engaged for custom joinery. We created two free standing, wall length cabinets: one was a custom made TV unit with built-in desk again using camphor laurel timber. And the second made-to-measure piece was a stunning bedroom uni with generous drawers that could be used as a seat, overhead cabinets and a long mirror.
Both joinery cabinets were made to look like built-in cabinetry, but were actually freestanding cabinets, so when the client moves, it can be deconstructed and moved with them with little impact to the remaining wall.